Russell C. Cantrell, M.D.
|Russell C. Cantrell, M.D.|
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist
Improved quality of life is a worthy goal for anyone with a serious disability, and that’s what attracted me to physical medicine and rehabilitation. I find great satisfaction in providing the compassionate individualized attention, evaluation and treatment that each of my patients needs to make daily progress towards mobility, function and health.
In that aim, I provide each patient with a thorough diagnostic analysis and a customized treatment plan that is practical, appropriate and achievable. Motivated patients who take an active part in their treatment plans provide the inspiration that makes my work so rewarding!
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- University of Missouri Hospital, Columbia MO, Chief Resident
- Methodist Hospital, Memphis TN
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, TN
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Association of Neuromuscular & Diagnostic Medicine
- Missouri Central Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Former Treasurer and President
- St. Louis Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physiatric Association of Spine
- Sports and Occupational Rehabilitation
- North American Spine Society
- Clinical Advisory Board
- American Running and Fitness Association
Dr. Cantrell specializes in the evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal and neurologic pain and injury. He also performs electrodiagnostic studies (EMG/NCV) to evaluate disorders of the muscles and nerves (such as carpal tunnel syndrome and radiculopathies), tests that facilitate accurate diagnosis and suitable treatment plans.
Besides his daily involvement in a busy medical practice, Dr. Cantrell teaches Clinical Neurology at Washington University School of Medicine. His leisure interests include exercising, running, gardening and music.