David S. Raskas, M.D.
|David S. Raskas, M.D.|
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Specializing in Spine
First and foremost, I consider myself a committed patient advocate who works diligently to help those under my care return to their highest possible level of function. I take advantage of learning opportunities to remain current on the latest techniques and opt to use minimally invasive spinal surgery based on its primary benefit: a safe, speedy recovery that allows most patients to be treated and return home in under 24 hours!
My career choice was prompted by avid interests in sports medicine and other technically challenging pursuits. Since I am by nature a sports enthusiast and physically active person, I know firsthand that mobility, flexibility and freedom from pain are critical not only to top athletic performance but also to overall quality of life.
I find addressing each patient’s unique needs to be both compelling and immensely rewarding throughout each phase of the treatment process, from initial diagnosis and treatment planning to surgery and rehabilitation. Those patients who aspire to lead healthy, fulfilling lives and are willing to expend the effort required to achieve that goal are particularly appealing to work with and are a constant source of inspiration.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Spine Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI
- General Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis MO
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- St. Louis Orthopaedic Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
When Dr. Raskas is not caring for patients, he enjoys spending time with family, working out to reduce stress and improving his golf game. He is a proud supporter of the Jewish Federation and University of Michigan Medical School Orthopaedic Program.